Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Intermittent Fasting

Intermittent fasting is something I've been trying to lean out recently. Amazing results!

I've been following the Fast-5 approach. I eat nothing during the day time, other than a couple of celery sticks some days. At night I go crazy, no hold barred (still little to no bread/rice though). I keep eating till I am not hungry. The first couple of days I ate till I was stuffed, but I think my hunger has been regulated to where I only eat till I need to.

I sleep VERY well. Energy levels were low initially, but they are great now. The most surprising thing is that my workouts have not suffered in the least bit. In fact, I've made some strength gains.

I'm kinda holding on posting the results until I give it a fair run (I want to make sure I don't lose any muscle mass over an extended period), but I am impressed.

If you want to try it out for yourself, look through the Fast-5 website. Their e-book is free for download and contains some really useful information.

No comments:

Post a Comment